My Blog List

Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Celebration Continues.....Minute-To-Win-It Style!

I went in reverse order of my birthday festivities, because it actually started off with a PARTY! Yay!!  That's right....food, drinks, games and friends.  It was the best time I've had in a while.  The only downside?  I didn't take any pictures of the games in action-boo!
I saw a blog that described a "fun night in with friends" with Minute-to-Win-It games and I was totally sold.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am a competitor, a lover of most games (count me out if it's Monopoly-that moves too slow for me) and I like to WIN!  I mean seriously, who likes to lose anyways?
Lots of friends were able to join us at our house for cocktails, apps, sliders, hot dogs and all the fixin's before the games began!
 
 


Sally is ready to party







We started by letting everyone pick a number (1-4) out of a hat in order to establish the teams of 4 to 5 people.  After splitting up in to our groups we rolled the dice to see which of the 6 games we would be playing first. 
Here are the games we were up against:
Office Tennis:
Two players, using clipboards, volley a balled-up piece of paper into a waste paper basket 15 feet away
Hanky Panky:
Two players, using clipboards, volley a balled-up piece of paper into a waste paper basket 15 feet away
Movin' On Up
Player must hold a stack of blue cups with 1 red cup at the bottom. Player must move cups 1 at a time from the top to the bottom of the stack, trying to cycle the red cup back to the bottom of the stack.
This Blows:
Player must continually blow up a balloon and expel the air from it to knock cups off of a table.
Roll With It:
Unspool two rolls of toilet paper at the same time, using one hand for each.
Blow Ball:
Blow off all red ping-pong balls from a tray, leaving only 3 yellow balls remaining.
 
Game supplies
 
Isn't the artwork on our scoreboard super cool?! Thanks, Adam!
 
We decided that we would time each team for each "event" and would score based on the quickest time. 
First Place: 3 points
Second Place: 2 points
Third Place: 1 point
Fourth Place: 0
At the end the team with the most points is the Minute-to-Win-It champions!!  And guess what?!  My team (Team 3-woop, woop!) took home the W!

Friends!
 
 
 
 

After a little celebrating, the night wrapped up with some birthday cake (complete with THIRTY candles) and a serenading of Happy Birthday from all of my guests.  What an awesome night!  Thanks to my husband, the Kelley's and the Swygerts for pulling it all together.  I love you guys and really appreciate you making my turning thirty such a fabulous affair!
 
 


 
Guess what else I got for my birthday?!?!  A bar!!  I've been wanting one for a while now, and my hubby came through for the big 3-0!  Thanks, babe!  Look how cool!!

 
 

 I am a lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment