There are times in my life where I find myself saying, "last year at this time I was.....". This usally happens as the year wraps up but it is exactly what I've been doing this week. William and I are coming up on our first wedding anniversary and it is exciting, emotional and completely crazy that we have already gotten to this point! It sure has flown by!
I spent some of last weekend going through my wedding organizer and boxes of wedding "stuff." Looking at all of the shower invitations, wedding dress magazine cutouts, napkins, bubbles and all of the special things that were a part of the wedding planning process was just amazing. I even found a few napkins from the wedding day- I kept everything! It was hard to hold back the tears as I thought about the excitement that was taking place last year. We are truly blessed with such wonderful family and friends.
We had just bought our first home, William was in the process of starting his own business, and we were about to begin our lives together. Oh gosh-I'm tearing up now! We have done so much over the last year as a couple, and I have to say, while it hasn't been easy the whole time, I am so very thankful that I have William as a partner in life. He is such a hard worker and does his best to make our lives better. He also makes our yard look great and lends a hand keeping the house clean too *bonus points :)
Here are a few of my best memories (in no particular order) of our first year as husband and wife. We have done so much it was hard to narrow it down to just these few!
- The honeymoon of course! We had a great time in Savannah and Tybee Island!
- We bought our first home, and have really enjoyed working on making it ours.
- William started his own business and I am so proud of his hardwork and perseverance. (This is an old picture, but you get the point :)
- I traveled to Signal Mountain for the first time to spend Christmas with William's side of the family. It was nice to finally see how they do the holidays, AND it was our first Christmas actually spent together!
- We went to the NFC Championship AND the SUPER BOWL! YES! Atlanta AND New Orleans in just a few weeks. Both were once-in-a-lifetime experiences (well hopefully we will be back next year-GO NINERS!).
- We lost our sweet Mr. Henry, but gained our precious girl Sally Mae. It is truly amazing how much joy a pup can bring in to your life. Mr. Henry will never be forgotten and will always have a special place in our hearts. We are very thankful for our little lady who brings lots of laughs and entertainment to our lives.
This weekend we are traveling to St. Augustine, Florida to celebrate our first year of marriage and I couldn't be more excited. Since our honeymoon, we really haven't been on a vacation (just the two of us anyways) so this will be a great time for us to spend together having fun and just relaxing....and I'm sure doing some reminiscing of how far we've come. Here's to many more years of excitement, changes and lots of laughter!