My Blog List

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Back to the Basics

Well, here we are. Already a full week in to 2013.  So you know what that means-resolution time!  AND-back to the gym!  I fell off the work out wagon months ago and I'm slowly getting back into a routine.  Man-it sure is tough after a 3-4 month hiatus.  I can give you LOTS of excuses as to why I haven't been exercising....
 
1. Work was SUPER busy!!
 2. It was the holidays, guys!
 3. I had a lot of after work obligations!
 4. Day light savings time kicked in-who wants to drive to the gym in the dark?!
 
Should I keep going? The truth is.....I was just being lazy. ME, lazy?!  Shocking, I know.  But then, there was proof. My pants were getting tight and I started thinking-time to get back on track (after new years of course!).  So here I am I am on the adventure again....the never ending cycle of making a resolution to eat better and exercise regularly.  It's only been a week back in, but I have managed to work out every day so far, with the exception of one.  Not bad! I'm going to try my best to stay ON the wagon this time.  Trust me-starting from scratch will remind you how sore you can be :)
 
Besides that, I have made a few other resolutions:
 
1. Show a random act of kindness to a friend or family member at least once a month.  I have decided that this can be a hand written note, an inexpensive gift, a homecooked meal or treat.  Anything that will be a suprise to them and hopefully make their day.  This one kind of reminds me of the "Friends" episode where they ask the question: Is there such a thing as a truly unselfish act? One in which someone benefits while the person performing the act receives nothing in return? Joey believes not.....Phoebe sets out to prove him wrong. (Remember that one?? I love that show :))   I think Joey was right though-I think I will also feel very rewarded by sticking to this resolution.
 
2. Say no more often.  I tend to over-commit to things.  I joke about it all the time!  "You know I can't say no!"  I am a people pleaser. A "yes" girl if you will.  As much as I love having a plan, and saying "yes!" to another glass of wine, I need to learn when my plate is full (literally).  I worry too much about disappointing others, but in reality I have to put myself and my husband at the top of the list.
 
3.  Stop Worrying!  I stress to much about little stuff that always ends up working out.  Less worry=less stress.  Sounds good to me!
 
What are your New Years Resolutions?  Are you sticking to them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment